Monday, October 18, 2010

Monica has guilted me into blogging again. I guess I had so much fun at Oktoberfest, combined with pretty terrible internet, so I didn't update while I was in Munchen, and then I got to London and everything got so busy and exciting! So Munchen part one...

I arrived at my hostel at about 3pm to find the floor sticky with beer, two underwear-clad men passed out on their bunks and a third man in the bathroom, vomiting violently. (I'm writing this from London, where I've already started to speak strangely...I just typed  "...in the toilet, chundering violently..." and before realizing what I was doing.) I think this anecdote sums up my three days at Oktoberfest pretty well. The first night, the three drunken guys in my room had napped it off and were ready for round two, so we walked down to the festival with another woman who was in our room.

Oktoberfest is basically a huge fair grounds with lots of beer tents interspersed with rides, but what really makes it an incredible experience is the atmosphere. People of all ages, mostly in amazing lederhausen and dirndles get together to eat delicious Bavarian food, drink lots of beer, and sing and dance and be merry. It's just a giant, drunken, happy celebration







No comments:

Post a Comment