Sunday, February 14, 2010

Yesterday a friend of mine died in a ski accident. He wasn't one of my best friends, and his death won't change my daily life, but I will always remember the times that our lives did intersect. He was 19 and a freshman in college - that time in life when you're supposed to realize that the whole world is out there presenting you with opportunities and adventures. And he did realize that, I think, and lived a great life. But he only got to live 19 short years. I don't know how many years I will get to live, none of us do, but right now we're alive. Right now we can love and we can listen and we can laugh and we can smile and we can appreciate and we can play and we can learn and we can hug and we can share and we can LIVE. And we should never lose sight of the fact that we are lucky just to be alive and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment