Friday, June 17, 2011

Last night I found myself speeding through the streets of Bogota, packed into a little car with 5 other Americans, drinking Colombian rum (which is way tastier than cheap rum in the states), which spilled sometimes as we swerved to avoid 5-foot potholes, or when the other drivers arbitrarily decided there should one more or one less lane of traffic. They have lane lines, but, kind of like the traffic signals, they seem to be more of a suggestion than a law. I met one of these Americans at my hostel, and he knew a few people who live here and teach English. So we went to a Colombian house party, speaking a little Spanglish and listening to salsa music. I was definitely the youngest person there by about 7-10 years, but everyone so far is super friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment