Saturday, June 18, 2011

So Ive now met up with Dan and Sammy, my friends who flew in from England yesterday, and weve had a pretty good time. Granted, all weve done so far has been get drunk and go out dancing last night, and then this morning we went to a museum, but THEN we had lunch and I did the classic tourist move of ordering something off the menu even though i didnt know one of the ingredients. It was called frijoles con something, and it came with arroz and aguacate, so how wrong could i go, right? Anyway the food came and soaking in my bean broth was a pig foot. Seriously, it had four little toe things, and was pretty squishy, and you could see the bone and tendons that had been severed at the end. SOOO SURPRISING. The soup was really good though, so I guess pig feet make nice broth.Something to try in culinary house next year??

In other news, my Spanish is definitely getting better. I learned Colombian slang for cool, chevere, and i also learned how to say 'i want to tap that ass'. And thanks to Sammy's Spanish phrase book, which so very thoughtfully comes with a romance section, i can also confidently say ´'sorry, i cant get it up' and 'its ok, ill do it myself.'

2 comments:

  1. dear claire, you are much cooler than me. teach me your ways. besos, anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuum pigs feet! perfect for our beautiful grill

    ReplyDelete