Thursday, July 21, 2011

Colombians walk around after lunch to help with digestion. We usually finish in the cafeteria and then walk around the CIAT grounds for about 15 minutes. It's pretty nice. Also, Colombians brush their teeth after lunch, too. Everyone brings a toothbrush and toothpaste to work. 

We had a day off yesterday because it was Independence Day. Everyone went out on Tuesday night since there was no work on Wednesday, but I was too tired. I've really been feeling like a grandma lately. It's weird to be the one who never goes out, never smokes, and doesn't really drink that much, since at least in the last couple years I've been the one who always wants to go out. But everyone thinks I'm super lame here. I went to bed nice and early Tuesday night, and was just coming out of the shower on Wednesday morning around 8am when my 4 other housemates arrived home, still trashed and covered in neon paint. 

I've also had a revelation relating to Marx's ideas about labor, which I'm too lazy to write right now, so this is a reminder to myself to write it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment