Thursday, July 14, 2011

I moved desks at work (from entomology to DAPA - the politically active branch of CIAT) so now I'm in the same building as all of my co-workers. It's a lot more convenient, but now they can all see when I'm not doing my work, aka on facebook/blogging. And it's kind of unclear how acceptable these activities are...I'm the only one managing my time, and I get everything done, but I guess it probably still looks bad if I'm on the clock chilling and checking out my friends photos...
But, I'm blogging anyways, hehehe. Or I should say, jajaja
Last night, I learned how to make arepas - the aforementioned cardboard like corn cakes. No wonder they lack flavor - they are literally just masa and water, mushed around a little and grilled. However, we also made a variation with sweet corn, that were pan fried and more delicious. They're usually eaten for breakfast, like pan de bono, these baked cheese-dough things. On Sunday I'm learning to make some national bean dish, and hopefully tamales soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment